Here is a list of common Range Commands you may hear on the Range. Reading this will help you prepare for your day at the Range
“Range is Active.”
- Red Flag is up
- You may handle/unpack/pack your firearms at the firing line
- You may load magazines
- You may NOT load your firearms
“Eyes and Ear Protection On.”
- Everybody in attendance must put their on their ear and eye protection.
” Load and Commence Fire.”
- Firing may be conducted as per the Range Officers instruction.
- All Firing Must Stop.
“Make the Range Safe.”
- All Firearms are unloaded and chambers locked in the open position.
- Open chambers are displayed as per the Range Officers Instruction.
- Firearms are stored as per the Range Officers Instruction.
- Chamber Flags are used in Firearms where the Chamber cannot be locked open.
- Everybody in attendancemust move behind the safe line.
- The Range officer will visually inspect all firearms to ensure the are unloaded and safe.
“The Range is Closed, you may go downrange and check your targets.”
- Firearms may NOT be handled during this period.No Exceptions!
- Shooters may proceed down range and check/replace their targets
- When you return from downrange, step to behind the safe line.
“Has everybody returned from downrange?”
- All personnel should visually confirm that nobody is still downrange, and that everybody is safely behind the safe line.